After winning eight awards and being lauded as an audience favorite at film festivals around the world, “Lost Boy: The Next Chapter” — the documentary that chronicles the life of Southern California pastor and evangelist Greg Laurie — may be coming to Netflix soon.
|Greg Laurie with Dan Wooding after Dan had interview him for his radio program|
A grassroots campaign is underway to encourage Netflix users to save the film to their film queues in hopes that distribution will take place in the near future.
Lost Boy: The Next Chapter can be requested on Netflix by accessing http://www.harvest.org/news/100.html.
Originally created as the companion piece to Laurie’s book, Lost Boy, the documentary film version offers viewers a chance to learn about his compelling life story: from Laurie’s childhood raised by an alcoholic mother who was married and divorced seven times, to his decision to follow Jesus Christ on his high school campus, to his expansive 39-year public ministry, and finally, to the heartbreak of his eldest son’s unexpected death in 2008.
Lost Boy: The Next Chapter has received the following awards and honors:
* Best American Documentary (under 75 minutes) at the 2009 International Film Festival South Africa
* Official selection: One of only ten films invited to screen at the 2009 Outreach Film Festival in San Diego, Calif.
* Audience Favorite Best Documentary Award at the 2009 Riverside International Film Festival in Riverside, Calif.
* Best Documentary Award at the 2009 International Christian Film Festival in Irvine, Calif.
* Official selection: One of only sixteen films invited to screen at the 2010 Gideon Media Arts Conference and Film Festival in Ridgecrest, NC.
* Winner of the Redemptive Storyteller Award in the Distinctly Gospel category at the 2010 Redemptive Film Festival in Virginia.
* Best Documentary Award at the 2010 Transforming Stories International Christian Film Festival in South Africa.
* Best U.S. Feature Documentary at the 2010 San Diego Christian Film Festival
Note: Greg Laurie is the senior pastor at Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside, California, one of the largest churches in the U.S. Laurie is also the founder and evangelist for Harvest Crusades, evangelistic outreach events that have drawn some 4.1 million people to stadiums and arenas around the world since 1990. Laurie serves on the boards of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan’s Purse.
Telephone (847) 328-8009