Connect
To Top

After Failed Attempt of Forced Islamization Egyptian Christian Family Under Siege

Zeenahom

A Middle Eastern journalist has revealed that “one of the most explosive issues in the relations between Christians and Muslims of Egypt is the abduction of Christian Coptic minor girls, to force them to embrace Islam, after humiliating and demeaning them psychologically and morally.”

Mary Abdelmassih, in a story for the Assyrian International News Agency (www.aina.org) said, “This dangerous phenomenon which appeared in the 1970s and which has become a lucrative business for all Muslim participants including the Egyptian State Security has been steadily on the rise, with reports surfacing weekly of several disappearances without trace of Coptic girls.”

She said that those fortunate enough to return home have talked of their ordeal. (See: www.aina.org/news/20091223164421.htm )

Abdelmassih went on to say that Zeenahom (Suzan) Nady Adly, 19-years old, “is one of the fortunate girls who was able to return home, after being drugged and abducted by Muslims to force her conversion to Islam.

“She comes from Ezbet Fanous, a small hamlet, near the town of Samalut (150 miles from Cairo), inhabited by a Coptic majority of twenty families to six Muslim ones and a Muslim mayor.”

The journalist said that according to the girl’s story, as she went out at night on Saturday, June 12, 2010, to buy soft drinks for some visitors at home, she was stopped by two Muslim men, who sprayed a substance in her face, making her lose consciousness.

“When I regained consciousness nearly two hours later, I found myself in the building of the Islamic Sharia Association in Minia, facing a shaikh [Islamic scholar] who tried to intimidate and force me to convert to Islam,” reported Freecopts advocacy in a taped interview with Zeenahom. “He tried to convince me that I would be safer marrying a Muslim, and leaving the area.”

However, the shaikh contacted State Security to tell them that he wanted her to convert, but he was told to let her go as her family was not keeping quiet.

Meanwhile, said Abdelmassih, her father, Nady Adly, had sent telegrams to all authorities and her family demonstrated in front of Samalut police headquarters asking for her return, which forced the security authorities to intervene.

“However, her ordeal continued at the police station where she was taken the next day. Zeenahom accused the village mayor Khalaf Ebdelmageed of masterminding her abduction at the hands of Muslim Sayed Khalaf and another named Taha El-Hinnawi, in exchange for money,” said the story.

Zeenahom was reported as saying, “While I was at the police station, the village mayor told me that I was too good to be a Christian. He asked me to say in the police report that I will convert to Islam, but I refused.”

The girl said that she refused to tell the police the names of her abductors, especially Sayed Khalaf, for fear of retribution. She is staying presently with her aunt.

Magdy Attia, one of the Coptic witnesses who demonstrated in front of the police station until Zeenahom was handed over to her father said that nearly two hundred Muslims, together with Sayed Khalaf’s family were there with weapons intimidating them.

“We were told that they will take Zeenahom by force to convert and marry her main abductor Sayed Khalaf, a driver by occupation, who has divorced his Muslim wife recently,” he said. “We were told Zeenahom will be Sayed’s second wife.”

Abdelmassih went on to say that the victim’s father said that the village mayor has beaten him when he said that he wanted to talk to his abducted daughter on the phone. He filed a police accusing the mayor of being an accomplice. Later he was threatened by the mayor demanding that his daughter retracts any accusations she made to Copts United advocacy of his involvement in her abduction and forced Islamization attempt.

Talking of his siege he said: “I could not leave my home, as all roads were blocked. I had to phone the police to come and let me out of the area.”

A few days later, Abdelmassih continued, the police and one of the members of the local council in Samalout, Magdi Malek, forced on them, the so-called “reconciliation meeting” in which it was decided that the whole Coptic family should be deported from the village, reported Copts United.

Commenting on this case, Coptic attorney Mamdouh Nakhla, Director of the Al-Kalema human rights centre said: “Forcing the girl and her family out of the village and leaving their home, for whatever reason, is a crime of forced displacement, which is a crime against humanity, punishable by the International Criminal Court.”

Nakhla says that he viewed the reconciliation meeting which was held in Ezbet Fanous as a “meeting for submission, and imposing the will of the strong upon the weak.” He intends to head a fact-finding commission to the area next week to document what happened to the girl’s family and interview witnesses.

Although her father has filed a report naming the abductors of his daughter, no action was taken against them.

“I am pleading for protection from the family of Sayed Khalaf. I am afraid to leave my home. I need to go to work to earn money to feed my family. Sayed told me he will be after us until we all convert to Islam,” the father told Freecopts.

“Sayed’s family is strong, they are numerous and have weapons… but I am only a poor man.”

Dan Wooding, Assist News Service

12 Comments

1. Joel B

June 29, 2010 at 9:09 pm

“forced displacement”??? Let’s call it what it actually is – kidnapping! In the U.S. this can be a capital crime, but in a backward Muslim country such as Egypt I’m sure these thugs will not receive any punishment!

2. Disgusted from Islam

July 5, 2010 at 7:52 am

ISLAM IS A CRIME. WAKE UP PEOPLE AND FACE THE TRUTH. THESE ARE THE DAMN TEACHINGS OF ISLAM.

3. Dina

July 10, 2010 at 1:11 pm

what are all these lies?? Egypt is a backward Muslim country??!!!! … stop this crap … you just read and it’s obvious that u r ignorant to say that about Egypt … have u visited Egypt before to say these stupid things about it?? ….
    Noone force Christian girls to embrace Islam and when girls do it, it’s driven by their own belief .. I’m a Muslim girl and have a lot of Christian friends.
    Egypt is the mother and source of civilizations
    I really pity on such stupid people :@

4. Dina

July 10, 2010 at 1:18 pm

We all here Muslim and most Christian people know that the Egyptian Coptic who live abroad are the source of all these lies … they are just aiming at making a sedition among Egyptian and at making a pressure on the government in order to control our country and that will never happen … We Egyptians love each other whether Muslims or Chriatians and we will not allow such stupid and ignorant people to interfere our internal affairs

5. Dina

July 10, 2010 at 1:26 pm

We all here Muslim and Christian Egyptians know that the source of all these lies are the Egyptian Coptic who live abroad .. and they are aiming at making a sedition among Egyptians inside Egypt and at putting a pressure on the government in order to control our country and that what will never happen..
    We Egyptian people, whether Muslims or Christians, love each other and we will not allow anyone to interfere our internal affairs

6. Dina

July 10, 2010 at 1:42 pm

but I want to say, if this really happens, that it would be minority … and I myself consider those who do this as terrorists .
    but this is a video for a two Christian girls who embraced Islam according to their own belief and they are frightened and crying because of their Christian families who are threatening them to get back to Christianity and they are always running away from a place to place and asking for protection from their family :

7. Dina

July 10, 2010 at 1:58 pm

but I want to say that, if it really happens but rarely, I myself consider those who are doing this as a terrorists. but it doen not happen and the government respect Christians and protect them much more than it does with Muslims because they are minority .. and watch this link that shows two Christian girls who converted to Islam by their own belief and married two Muslim guys .. they were frightened of their family because they are chasing them everywhere and threatening them in order to get back to Chrisianity and they are asking help from Muslims and from from the president to protect them from their family

8. Dina

July 10, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I’m Muslim and I want to say that, if it really happens but rarely, I myself I’m Muslim and I want to say that, if it really happens but rarely, I myself consider those who are doing this as terrorists. but it does not happen and the government respects Christians and protect them much more than it does with Muslims because they are minority .. and watch this link that shows two Christian girls who converted to Islam by their own belief and married two Muslim guys .. they were frightened of their family because they are chasing them everywhere and threatening them in order to get back to Chrisianity and the girls are asking help from Muslims and from the president to protect them from their family

9. Carole

July 11, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Dina…..Why do you think this family would lie?
    If you look on the web, especially human rights organisations or type in say ” Christian Copts persecuted in Egypt ” on YouTube you will have your eyes opened to the terrible things going on to christians in not just Egypt but many countries around the world. It is heartbreaking to hear and see the suffering and murders in the name of Islam!!

10. Samia Botros

July 18, 2010 at 10:50 am

Dina, what a load of crap you are saying. Look at this video with English subtitles of testimonies of abducted Coptic girls. You are a girl, imagime yourself to be in their place. One of them was raped by 50 men. Video ..http://www.youtube.com/watch?
    v=V7yoO3_putk

11. ricardo

September 7, 2010 at 7:53 am

Dear dina i hope someone rapes one of your daughters.

12. truespeek

October 5, 2010 at 7:04 am

Your ideology has you well programmed and has blinded you to the truth, Dina.

Even in the quran it openly mentions the women your “prophet” is allowed to make use of, i.e. “lawful to you”. You will note “slave-girls” mentioned, this amounts to rape as a sex slave has no freedom of choice.

Prophet, We have made lawful to you the wives to whom you have granted dowries and the slave-girls whom Allah had given you as booty; the daughters of your paternal and maternal uncles and of your paternal and maternal aunts who fled with you; and any believing woman who gives herself to the Prophet and whom the Prophet wishes to take in marriage. The privilege is yours alone, being granted to no other believer. (Qur’an 33:50, Dawood)

In case there is any doubt regarding the real purpose of the prophets “wives” below is a passage from the quran and a comment from one of his wives, Aisha. It seems that mohammed had so many “wives” that in fairness, a system of “rotation”, so to speak, was established. mohammed seems to have preferred some over others, so it is no surprise to find that he was provided with a revelation to help him get his way. Aisha correctly nailed it with her comment.

Narrated Aisha: … (W)hen Allah revealed: “You (O Muhammad) can postpone (the turn of) whom you will of them (your wives), and you may receive any of them whom you will; and there is no blame on you if you invite one whose turn you have set aside (temporarily).’ (Quran 33:51) I said (to the Prophet), “I feel that your Lord hastens in fulfilling your wishes and desires.” (Bukhari: volume 6, book 60, number 311, Khan)

As a further example of mohammed’s respect for women (children really), and human life in general, below is an account from a muslim historian of the day. This is after mohammed came with an army of ten thousand to attack the peaceful town of Mecca, which was a place holy to many pre-islamic religions and was in fact a place of pilgrimage, tolerant to all, for 4 months of the year. It tolerated mohammed and his muslims for 13 years despite his constant trouble making, only finally having to evict them because of their attempts to deny the right to worship to all but muslims. Sound familiar. He had these 2 girls murdered even though they were absolutely no threat to him.

“…two singing-girls Fartana and her friend who used to sing satirical
    songs about the apostle, so he ordered that they should be killed…”
    (Ibn Ishaq 819)

There is no independent code of morality in islam. Actions are deemed moral or not based solely on the actions of islams prophet. Since muslims consider him to be ,literally, “the perfect man”, if he did it, it’s moral. By the way mohammed also took a child to be his wife at the age of 6, he consummated the marriage when she was just 9 years old. Pervfect.

Your email address will not be published.

eleven + 13 =