New York Times best-selling author, Joel C. Rosenberg, has issued an urgent statement that Mosab Hassan Yousef, author of the book “Son of Hamas,” and the son of one of the founding members of the terror organization, should not be deported from the United States.
Rosenberg, who has Yousef speaking via videotape at his “2010 Epicenter Conference” in Philadelphia, next week (June 25-26, 2010), says, “The U.S. Department of Homeland Security [DHS] may soon deport Mosab back to the West Bank where he very well could be assassinated.
“He is scheduled for a DHS hearing on June 30th that could decide his fate. U.S. officials believe his previous leadership role in Hamas is too great a risk to give him political asylum here in the States. But they are not properly assessing the totality of his story and the situation.”
In his weblog (http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2010/06/15/u-s-should-not-deport-son-of-hamas-please-pray-for-this-dear-brother/ ), Rosenberg goes on to say: “Here are the facts. Yes, Mosab is the son of one of the founders of Hamas and was a rising leader in the terrorist organization – he described his role in detail in his book. That said, Mosab renounced Hamas and risked his life to become a double agent working for the Israeli secret service (Shin Bet) against Hamas. In so doing, Mosab helped to stop scores of terrorist attacks and helping Israel arrest scores of jihadists.
“Then, Mosab renounced Islam and became a follower of Jesus Christ. His story was first revealed through the Haaretz, one of Israel’s leading and most credible newspapers. The Haaretz team carefully vetted his story and have done numerous follow up stories. The Israeli government has not denounced him as a liar – to the contrary, Mosab’s Shin Bet handlers affirm his story and say that he is telling the truth. Mosab has lived in the U.S. for the two years and is actively speaking out here and around the world through the media and in speeches against Hamas, against Radical Islam, and in favor of the U.S., Israel and most importantly his Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.
“The U.S. has given political asylum to people who have done far less for the U.S. and the cause of freedom than Mosab – he deserves and should receive the right to stay in this country and become an American citizen.”
Rosenberg added, “I have gotten to know Mosab over the last 18 months and am convinced he is the real deal. I am, therefore, asking you to pray faithfully and consistently for him.”
He then requested that Christians around the world do the following:
* Pray for Mosab to have Christ’s peace and joy during such turmoil and stress.
* Pray for Judge Rico J. Bartolomei on June 30th to truly hear and understand all the facts and come to the proper conclusion that Mosab has truly renounced Islam and Hamas, that he is not a threat to U.S. national security in any way, shape, or form, that he should stay in the U.S., and that he would be in grave danger if he were sent back to the West Bank.
* Pray for Members of Congress to take up Mosab’s case and intervene on his behalf with the Department of Homeland Security (my colleagues and I are currently working on this, as are other friends and allies of Mosab)
* Pray that the Epicenter Conference will give his case more exposure so more people can pray – we will be showing video excerpts of my recent interview with him and this will be broadcast on more than 1,000 Christian radio stations, 5 Christian TV networks, in all 50 states and in more than 200 countries around the world
* Pray, too, that the media will raise the profile of Mosab’s case so still more people can learn about it and begin to pray
Note: Joel Rosenberg is the author of “The Last Jihad,” “The Last Days,” “The Ezekiel Option,” “The Copper Scroll,” and “Epicenter: How the Current Rumblings in the Middle East Will Change Your World,” with more than one million copies in print. He is also the founder and president of the Joshua Fund, a nonprofit charitable and educational organization that provides humanitarian relief for victims of war and terrorism in Israel and the Muslim world.
Assist News Service
For additional information on Joel C. Rosenberg, visit www.joelrosenberg.com.Weblog site: http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com
For more information on “Son of Hamas,” go to: www.sonofhamas.com.
To listen to Dan Wooding’s dramatic interview with Mosab Hassan Yousef, go to: http://www.assist-ministries.com/FrontPageRadio/FPR04.11.10SonofHamasMono.MP3